Following are some feature of Facebook which you may not be aware of
- Changing your profile to business page.
- Importing feed from your website to your profile or page.
- Linking your page to twitter account.
Changing your profile to business page
This feature allows you to change your profile to business or fan page, by doing this all of your friends will be converted to your fans, for example if you have 500 friends, by changing your profile to business page all your friends will be the people who likes you page and your profile pictures will be transferred, No other content will be carried over to your new Page. The account associated with the profile you previously maintained will be converted to a business account, which will be the sole admin of your new Page.
You can convert your profile to you page from here.
Importing feed from your website to your page or profile
By using this feature you would be able to import feed from your desired url to note section of your profile or business page.
Steps to import an external blog (for profile)
1. Go to Notes from here.
2. Click on “Edit import settings” as shown below.
3. Now enter the desired url. You can also enter the twitter feed url to syndicate twitter feed in notes.
Steps to import an external blog (for page)
- Go to your Page and click "Edit Page" or “Edit info”.
- Select "Applications" and next to "Notes" click "Go to Application."
- Now repeat the 2nd and 3rd step as you did for profile.
Linking your page to twitter
By linking your page to twitter account as a Page admin, you’ll be able to share status updates, links, photos, notes, and events with your followers on Twitter, directly from Facebook. You can choose the kinds of things you want to share both on Twitter and Facebook.
You can link your page to twitter account from here.